Pasta First, shiitake mushrooms, kale, dim sum, chicken
Mix together the water chestnuts, spring onions, coriander, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add the chicken, sugar, ginger, garlic and shiitake mushrooms. Stir in the cornflour with salt and cayenne pepper to taste, and mix well. Cook a small spoonful of the chicken mixture in a frying pan, then taste it to check the seasoning.
Dust a plate with cornflour. Place about 1 tsp filling on the middle of a wonton wrapper. Dampen the wrapper slightly just around the filling. Gather up the wrapper, pinching it around the filling to form a cup, open at the top and with 'frilly' edges. Set aside on the plate, and fill the remaining wrappers.
Line a multi-layered steamer with kale, Swiss chard or spring greens. Stand the dim sum on the leaves and steam over rapidly boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Serve hot, with the ingredients for the dipping sauce in individual bowls so that each diner can mix them together to make a sauce to their own taste.
- 1 can water chestnuts, about 200 g, drained and chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 340 g (12 oz) minced chicken
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 g (1 oz) fresh shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornflour, plus extra for dusting
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 150 g (5 1/2 oz) kale, Swiss chard or spring greens
- salt and cayenne pepper
- Dipping sauce:
- Blend together some hoisin sauce, chopped spring onions, chopped fresh coriander, soy sauce and/or toasted sesame oil.
|No comments or questions yet|