In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, tomatoes, water, sultanas, onion and salt. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until cranberries pop.
Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, cloves and pepper. Cover. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the consistency of chutney, stirring occasionally. Ladle into jars or freezer containers. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- 225g (8 oz) cranberries
- 2 tomatoes - blanched, peeled and chopped
- 50g (2 oz) sultanas
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 225g (8 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 100ml (4 fl oz) cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 175ml (6 fl oz) water
|No comments or questions yet|